Prescriptions for pain, cholesterol reduction, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, antacids, antipsychotics, diabetes and antibiotics make up 100% of the most prescribed drugs.
1. HYDROCODONE (Acetaminophen/Vicodin/Oxycontin)
Currently the single most prescribed drug in the world. More and more doctors are getting huge payouts from pharmaceutical companies to promote these hydrocodone, especially generic drugs. They make up more than 20% of the top prescribed medications.
It is an orally psychoactive compound that works as a narcotic and analgesic. It is biotransformed by the liver into several metabolites. It is highly dependent on metabolism by the Cytochrome P450 pathway.
Respiratory depression; bradycardia; coma; seizures; cardiac arrest; liver damage; and death. Inherited genes such as the Cytochrome P450 affects metabolic pathways–some cannot process it at all, whereas a smaller percentage can get even more strength from it than usual.
Ginger, turmeric, berries, cayenne pepper, celery/celery seeds, cherries, dark green veggies, walnuts.
See: Natural Healing Remedies: 10 Foods That Fight Inflammation And Pain
2. STATINS (Generic versions of Lipitor/Zocor/Crestor)
Statins artificially lower cholesterol levels by inhibiting a critical enzymeHMG-CoA reductase, which plays a central role in the production of cholesterol in the liver.
Inflammation and pathological breakdown of muscle, acute kidney failure, diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular disease, interference with sex hormones and death.
Nuts, spinach, apples, turmeric, cranberries, tomatoes, green tea, fatty fish, beans, alfalfa herb, capsicum fruit, garlic, psyllium, fenugreek seeds, butcher’s broom, licorice root, hawthorn berry.
– New Data Shows Lycopene Reduces Heart Disease Up To 26 Percent
– Two Apples a Day More Effective At Reducing Heart Disease Than Statin Medications
– Top 5 Foods and Herbs To Control Cholesterol
– World Renown Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease
3. LISINOPRIL (Prinivil/Zestril) AND NORVASC (Amlodipine)
Lisinopril is typically used for the treatment of hypertension, congestive heart failure, and heart attacks. Norvasc is used for hypertension and angina. It accomplishes this by inhibiting the influx of calcium ions into vascular smooth muscle and cardiac muscle so it essentially interferes with the metabolism of calcium.
Cancer, blood disorders, development of breasts in men, impotence, depression, tachycardia, enlargement of gums, inflammation of the liver, elevated blood glucose, hepatitis, life threatening skin conditions.
Any foods high in vitamin C (chili peppers, guavas, bell peppers, thyme, parsley, dark leafy greens, broccoli), any foods high in magnesium (chocolate, green leafy vegetables, Brazil nuts, almonds, cashews, blackstrap molasses, pumpkin and squash seeds, pine nuts, and black walnuts) and any foods high in potassium (mushrooms, bananas, dark green leafy vegetables, sweet potatoes, oranges and dates). Coconut oil/water and CoQ10 are also very effective for lowering blood pressure.
– Magnesium Reduces Blood Pressure Naturally Without Side Effects
– Low Salt Diets Do Not Decrease Blood Pressure, Period
– Vitamin C Supplements Reduce Blood Pressure Without Side Effects Associated With Medication
– Low Potassium Linked To High Blood Pressure
4. SYNTHROID (levothyroxine sodium)
It replaces the thyroid hormone which is naturally occurring in the thyroid gland essentially halting natural production.
Long-term suppression of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) causes cardiac side-effects and contributes to decreases in bone mineral density (high TSH levels are also well known to contributes to osteoporosis.) May also cause elevated blood glucose levels, heart failure, coma and adrenal insufficiency. TSH directly influences the whole process of iodine trapping and thyroid hormone production so use of synthroid directly affects how the body metabolizes iodine.
Any foods containing iodine such as seaweed, kelp, radish, parsley, fish, seafood, eggs, bananas, cranberries, strawberries, himalayan crystal salt. Also, copper, iron, selenium and zinc are essential in the production of thyroid hormones. Exercise a minimum of 20-30 minutes per day — enough to raise the heartbeat.
– Seaweed Extracts Can Help You Lose Weight, Mostly Body Fat
– 8 Critical Nutrients Lacking In More Than 70 Percent of Diets
– The Number One Reason So Many Women Have Trouble Losing Weight
5. PRILOSEC (omeprazole/generic versions of nexium)
It suppresses gastric acid secretion by specific inhibition of the gastric acid ions in cells. The absorption of omeprazole takes place in the small intestine essentially turning off the switch which promotes healthy digestion of foods. Omeprazole is also completely metabolized by thecytochrome P450 system.
Angina, ulcers, tachycardia, bradycardia, palpitations, elevated blood pressure, development of male breasts, inflammation of the pancreas, irritable colon, mucosal atrophy of the tongue, liver disease/failure, elevated blood sugar, muscle weakness, skin conditions, tinnitus, inflammation of the eyes, urinary frequency, testicular pain, anemia and blood cell disorders.
Grapefruits, probiotics, broccoli sprouts, manuka honey, mastic gum, marshmallow tea, glutamine, slippery elm, deglycyrrhized liquorice (DGL), aloe vera juice, baking soda, pickle juice.
– Grapefruit Heals Stomach Ulcers
– Broccoli Sprouts May Prevent Gastritis, Ulcers and Stomach Cancers
– Manuka Honey Reverses Antibiotic Resistance, Treats Disease
6. AZITHROMYCIN AND AMOXICILLIN
Inhibits the synthesis of bacterial cell walls and interfering with their protein synthesis. These drugs also inhibit the protein synthesis of good bacteria needed for immunity and proper digestion.
Inflammation of the liver, inflammation and destruction of the stomach lining, destruction of healthy bacterial populations, inflammation of the colon, allergic reactions, obesity, human antibiotic resistance.
Sunlight (vit D), garlic, coconut oil, turmeric, foods high in nicotinamide(vit B3) such as salmon, sardines and nuts. Also manuka honey, olive leaf extract, green tea, pau D’Arco, rose water, myrrh, grapeseed extract, golden seal, oregon grapes, oregano oil, andrographis paniculata, and probiotics.
– Garlic Proven 100 Times More Effective Than Antibiotics, Working In A Fraction of The Time
– Before Antibiotics Ever Existed, Sunlight Was Used To Treat Diseases With Great Success
– The Most Potent B Vitamin That Combats Infections Better Than Antibiotics Ever Could
7. GLUCOPHAGE (metformin)
By suppressing natural glucose production by the liver, the drug activates an enzyme which plays an important role in insulin signaling, whole body energy balance, and the metabolism of glucose and fats.
Lactic acidosis, impaired liver/kidney function, decreasing thyroid stimulating hormone and testosterone, increased homocysteine levels, malabsorption of vitamin B12, B12 deficiency, bladder cancer, heart failure. The biggest consequence of diabetes drugs is that it causes pancreatic function to substantially decrease inhibiting several hormones and causing other imbalances which are never correctable without abstaining from the drug.
Black tea, Sunlight (vit D), potentially coffee (more research needed), turmeric, nuts, chia seeds, green leafy vegetables, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, red grapes, steel cut oatmeal, broccoli, spinach, green beans and strawberries. 90% of all cases of diabetes can be resolved by eating foods with a low glycemic load, and pursuing both weight training and aerobic exercise.
– Study on Black Tea Consumption From 42 Countries Shows It Lowers Diabetes Risk
– Two More Bombshells For Vitamin D: It Prevents Both Type I Diabetes and Cavities
– Coffee’s Anti-Diabetes Benefit
– Healthy Diet, Moderate Exercise Reduce Diabetes Risk Better Than Drugs
– How Turmeric Has An Anti-Diabetic Effect On The Body